This year our ChickTech: High School program kick-off will take place on December 9 – 10, 2017 at August Home (657 Bryant St, San Francisco, CA 94107).
By asking educators to hand-select our participants, we are giving our participants a vote of confidence:
people who know them and their abilities have nominated them for this exclusive opportunity!
If you are a student and can’t find an educator to nominate you, just fill out the nomination form and nominate yourself!
Now – Early-November: Nomination
Educators fill out the nomination form with the names of high school girls who qualify for one or more of the following:
- Have an above-average aptitude for math or science, along with creativity and willingness to learn new things
- Would probably not consider a tech career without extra encouragement
- May not have created technology before (i.e. who are not already on a robotics team, haven’t attended a STEM camp, etc.)
- Are eligible for free or reduced lunch
- Are self-identified women of color
Late-October – Mid-November: Invitation
We send, to each of our our nominees, an invitation letter including their registration code, event agenda, and workshops descriptions.
Late-October – Mid-November: Registration
Participants register online for the event.Students register online and choose technical workshops they are interested in (some examples: web development, user experience design, game development, robotics). The event is first come, first served, although we will have a waiting list in case there are cancellations!
December 9 – 10, 2017: ChickTech High School Kick-off
Students will participate in a technical workshop all weekend long and demo their projects at the end (like a mini science fair).